I am a meticulous editor with an eye for detail and accuracy and the ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines. I have extensive experience guiding writers from the initial pitch to the final polishing copy edit. I am fluent in both Chicago Manual of Style and AP Style. Contact me for freelance projects and career opportunities, or view my full resume on LinkedIn.
Staff editing positions:
- Critical Mass at Apple (current): I work on site at Apple, editing apple.com content and corporate identity guidelines.
- Travelzoo: Edited a wide range of Travelzoo products; helped transition company procedures toward a stronger editorial focus by providing feedback to writers and management, updating the style guide, and producing editorial training materials.
- Groupon: Performed final edits of daily email and website copy; trained and monitored new employees in copy-editing and fact-checking positions.
- Rand McNally: Generated semiweekly content for the Rand McNally On the Road blog; edited and fact checked travel narratives; performed SEO and efficiency tasks within the CMS.
- Boston Housing Authority: Created a better user experience for those seeking housing aid by consolidating dozens of documents and web pages into a streamlined application process, and edited government documents to make them clear and straightforward for a public audience.
- City of San Antonio: Performed final edit of a Small Business Resource Guide.
- AT&T: Edited content for an advertising campaign and rewrote marketing material to fit desired tone.
- Wal-Mart Marketside: Proofed images and text of menus and flyers.
- Chicago Sporting: Edited articles; assisted with producing and editing internal documents such as production deadlines, submission guidelines, sponsorship package, contracts and legal documents.
- National Science Foundation: Edited online course modules for the Center for Advancement of Process Technology and did UX and quality assurance testing. Copy edited a textbook on instrumentation and process technology.